Music is hugely important to me, both within and outside of sessions. I love to use it to alter the tone and ambience of a session, and create the right atmosphere.
I've been asked to do this a few times now, so I've put together a sample playlist of various tracks I might play to suit my various moods.
To open the session...
- Bonobo- Migration
- Bonobo- Black Sands
For sexy vibes...
- Massive Attack: The Spoils
- Maribou State: Say More
- Four Tet: Two Thousand and Seventeen
- FKA Twigs: Two Weeks
For Corporal Punishment...
- Moderat: A New Error. (I don't know why. I always want to severely hurt men whenever I hear Moderat.)
- The National: This is the Last Time (This isn't a track you might necessarily associate with dungeon vibes, but all my regulars know that for some reason this track makes me either really kinky or really sadistic. It creates a confusing Pavlovian response of arousal and fear whenever it comes on.)
You really have to have a sense of humour for the next two categories...
For Subliminal Messaging...
- The National: Born to Beg/ I'd Still Destroy You/ Humiliation
- Cigarettes After Sex: Nothings Going to Hurt You Baby
- Bill Withers: Use Me
- Erykia Badu- Get Munny
- The JB's- You Can Have Watergate
Because sometimes you just gotta listen to badass women when you're putting men in their place.
- TOKiMONSTA- Don't Call Me
- ABRA- Fruit
- SZA- The Weeknd
- SZA- Supermodel
- Nicole Dollanganger- Angels of Porn 2
- DJ Vadim/ Sarah Jones- Your RevolutionPost Session Aftercare:
- Jon Hopkins- I RememberFor Sensory Deprivation:
- Mt Wolf- Burgs
- Burial- Come Down to Us
- Valentin Stip- Angst
- Jon Hopkins- Abandon Window